LANDSCAPE INSTALLATION WARRANTY
1. A one-year (1) one-time replacement warranty exists for plant
material supplied and installed by TriGreen Inc. This guarantee does
not cover roses, annuals, perennials, bulbs, and any other tender
It is the owner/clients sole responsibility to ensure adequate
watering and maintenance of all plant material after installation,
and during the warranty period. While every effort is made to
locate suppliers for the plants listed, it should be noted that
specific plant selections, numbers, and sizes mentioned above
are subject to substitution without notice should stock become
unavailable, in which case the most suitable substitution will be
made by a TriGreen representative.
2. A three (3) year warranty exists on all workmanship performed
by TriGreen provided that proper maintenance procedures
3. TriGreen is not responsible for any damages from natural material
changes such as staining discolouring, efflorescence, cracking,
shipping, changes in shape that may occur on wood, poured-inplace
concrete, precast concrete, asphalt, natural stone, concrete
pavers or brick after installation. TriGreen is also not responsible for
damages caused by de-icing salts or any other products applied to
natural stone or concrete products.
4. Owner/client agrees to allow TriGreen to photograph the project
site at times before, during and after the completion of the project
for promotion and documentation purposes. We would notify the
5. Although TriGreen will undertake to avoid all unnecessary delays
with respect to landscape construction, the owner/client hereby
acknowledges that TriGreen is not responsible for circumstances
beyond our control including adverse weather, availability or late
delivery of materials, strikes, or failure of other subcontractors of the
owner/client to complete other necessary prerequisite work prior to
6. TriGreen is not responsible for any and all unforeseen costs that
may occur during the landscape construction process. This includes
excavation of hidden rocks, tree trunks, foundations, wells, septic
tanks and fields or vandalism. These items will be considered extras
to the contract and will be brought to the owners/clients attention
7. TriGreen is responsible for contracting all local public utility
companies with respect to telephone, cable, gas, hydro etc. Any
property line demarcation (through registered survey plan or
companies) and private utilities including septic and well systems
shall be the sole responsibility of the owner/client to identify. Tri
Green is not responsible for any claims for damages caused to
private utilities and work relating to property line locations.
8. The owner/client acknowledges that there may be a slight variation in
color between the color samples shown and the actual colour of the
material installed due to manufacturing times or natural processes.
If the contracted material pattern, colour or sizing changes at the
request of the client and requires re-ordering or return of material,
there will be a restocking charge equal to 30% of the material value.
9. TriGreen is not responsible for damage to existing automatic
irrigation systems or lighting systems. Any alterations or upgrades
required to accommodate new landscape installation is the
responsibility of the owner/client unless contracted in scope of
work through TriGreen for completion.
10. TriGreen carries insurance for public liability and property damage
along with coverage for all employees through the Workers
Compensation Insurance Board.
11. TriGreen shall be entitled to compensation for services performed
and material purchased up to point of notification if owner/client
chooses to terminate contract or abandon project at any state of
completion over the duration of contracted work.
12. It is the owner/client sole responsibility to obtain all necessary
work permits with proper documentation required with respect
to landscape construction at their own expense prior to the
commencement of any work. If TriGreen is contracted to provide
working drawings or consult for any required permit documentation
then the time will be billed at an hourly rate of $85.00 per hour
plus the actual permit fee. Property owner is responsible to mark
property lines prior to construction.
13. All electrical work, 120 Volt (exterior GFI plugs, switches, junction
box, ceiling fans … etc) will need an electrical inspection from the
Inspection Safety Authority. A minimum fee of $240.00 will be applied.
14. Any minor cracking from shifting or settlement for poured-in-place
plain, patterned, or exposed aggregate reinforced concrete is not
warranted. A differential shifting of plus or minus one inch in one
direction from the true line is common. Any touch-ups or repairs
are considered a service item and billable. Patterned and exposed
aggregate concrete require resealing with a two-year period, which
is not warranted but recommended and is considered normal
maintenance to protect the integrity of surface treatment.
15. Warranty work will not be completed until all contract payments are
paid in full.
16. Any deviation from the payment plan could result in TriGreen halting
the work until payments are up to date.
17. Client is responsible for maintaining a watering schedule for
newly installed sod. TriGreen does not replace or warranty sod after